A refreshingly different egg free chocolate cake recipe that practically anyone can make and enjoy.
Chocolate pudding cakes are gooey cakes that combine regular chocolate cakes and scrumptious chocolate puddings into one yummy, chocolate-oozing treat! Most chocolate pudding cake recipes follow a standard pattern. However, if you have particular dietary requirements and you want an egg-less pudding cake or you want a vegan pudding cake, use our fabulous pudding cake recipe.
Total Cooking and Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes Total Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Cooling Time: 15 minutes
This chocolate pudding cake recipe will yield 9 to 10 cup servings.
Ingredients for your egg free chocolate cake:
1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
2. 3/4 cup granulated sugar – Regular, granulated sugar works, but if your are particular about the sugar dissolving seamlessly into the batter use caster sugar.
3. 1/2 cup milk – In an egg-less chocolate pudding cake, getting the right amount of milk is important, add it gradually.
4. 1/4 cup cocoa powder
5. 1/3 cup melted butter – be careful not to overheat it, the butter has to be a liquid, but must not go brown or it will ruin the taste.
6. 2 teaspoons baking powder
7. 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract – if you prefer you can scrape the seeds from half a vanilla pod into the mix.
For The Topping:
1. 1 ¼ cups hot water
2. ½ cup light brown sugar
3. ½ cup granulated sugar
4. ¼ cup cocoa powder
Making you egg free chocolate cake:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk it together well. Then add the butter, milk and vanilla essence and blend the entire mixture together to form the batter. You should end up with a smooth paste.
Take a square 9-inch baking pan and add the batter to it.
Use a flat spatula to level the batter.
The next step is to get the topping ready for this chocolate pudding cake recipe. Whip the sugar and cocoa together and gently spread it all over the batter.
Take the hot water and slowly pour it onto the batter. Don’t touch the batter or try to mix the water into it.
Bake for half an hour. When you see that the centre of the cake bubbling a bit, your cake is ready.
The edges will be firm, like a brownie, while the centre will be oozing chocolate.
Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cook.
This cake is nice eaten on its own, but it is particularly nice with ice cream or clotted cream.
Vegan ingredient substitutions for making an egg free chocolate cake
If you want to turn this recipe into a vegan version use a non-dairy milk, for the butter substitute it with a commercial non-hydrogenated butter. If that does not appeal use a mild olive oil instead, or for a nice alternative flavor use coconut oil.